Cheowlan lake is one of Thailand’s most tranquil and stunning destinations to visit. This extended overnight trip is part of the Mindful Tourist’s Shinrin Yoku Guide Training Certification Program in Thailand which enable our participants to fully experience the wonder of this unique environment and its rich biodiversity.
08:30 Meet in the reception area of the base accommodation
Transfer to Takun town (1 hour) by a shared vehicle to make a quick stop at a local market to see the exotic fruits and vegetables that line the market aisles.
Board your boat at Rachabrapa Dam pier
Explore the lake by local long tail boat, taking in the majestic scenery of striking white limestone cliffs that were once deep sea coral beds.
Check-in and lunch
Check-in and enjoy a leisurely lunch of delicious local Thai food on a floating raft house. There will be time for swimming and kayaking in the beautiful emerald green waters which are clean and warm year round. Jump straight from the raft house right into the water! Jungle Activity
Your afternoon jungle activity will be one of the following:
A) Cheowlan Viewpoint: 2.5-3 hour round trip including a steep hike to a stunning vista, or
B) Bang Hoi waterfall nature trail: 1.5-2 hour round trip including a steep hike up a limestone waterfall (seasonal)
Note: All timings include boat transfer time. On the way back to the raft house, enjoy an evening safari by boat for a chance to see more wildlife.
Enjoy a delicious dinner back at the raft house. Fresh fish is usually the order of the day! Spend the night under the stars at your own floating raft house.
Start the day with an early morning safari by boat with your guide. Keep an eye out for Langurs and Macaque monkeys. Morning times are very special at the lake with morning mist and gibbons call.
Return to your raft house for a simple breakfast and a hot drink. The rest of the morning will be spent on lecture and training, swimming, relaxing and kayaking at the raft house before returning to the pier.
15:00 Arrive back at the base accommodation
Shared washroom facilities and fan cooled only. We choose the accommodation based on availability and its location. Located in the furthermost reaches of the lake, this selected raft house offers the best chance to spot wildlife. Rooms are very basic with thin mattresses on the floor, generator power in the evenings up until 11PM only, basic shared washroom facilities located a short distance from the raft houses. They suit adventurous people who don’t mind ‘roughing it’ for the night in exchange for an incredible experience immersed in nature. Due to its distant location, it is very quiet and isolated away from the crowd.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Overnight private accommodation at raft house
- A local English speaking guide
- All transfers between the base accommodation and the lake
- Meals (2 lunches, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast), drinking water and snacks
- Complimentary use of kayaks
- National Park entrance fee
- Lake pier fee
WHAT TO BRING:
- A small back-pack or day bag only. Your main luggage can be kept at the base accommodation store room.
- Hiking shoes, swim suit, sunscreen, hat, mosquito repellant, camera (waterproof bag recommended)
- Flip flops or sandals, long sleeve shirts and long pants for night, rain jacket, extra pairs of socks
- Flashlight, personal first aid kit, waterproofing cover for your bags while on the long-tail boat
- Note: If necessary you can buy these items in Takun town along the way.
The following itinerary is subject to change due to weather or change in local conditions.