Learn the art and the science behind forest bathing and get certified as a Shinrin Yoku instructor in Thailand, in order to professionally organize Forest Bathing trips in your home countries. The Mindful Tourist’s Shinrin Yoku Certification Training Program gives you knowledge and hands-on training in forest bathing, meditation and mindfulness and holistic well-being. Participants will be inspired to share the passion for wellness and forest professionally with others and learn everything from how being in nature can help us find health, balance and happiness, to designing a tour itinerary, the secrets behind customer service excellence, leading a successful tour and what alternative healing could be incorporated in the tour programs. Training on creating a sustainable nature-based business is included in this course.
This is a TMT Professional Shinrin Yoku Certification Training Level 2 in Thailand.
If you are interested in our TMT Professional Shinrin Yoku Certification Training Level 2 training in Japan instead, click the button below.
- TMT students who already passed TMT Professional Shinrin Yoku Guide Level 1
- Forest enthusiasts who would like to organize Forest Bathing trips professionally
- Wellness practitioners who are inspired by the healing benefits of trees and the forest and would like to add Forest Bathing to your current wellness practice
- Existing Forest Bathing guides who would like to gain an in-depth knowledge and guide Forest Bathing tours professionally
- Forest Bathing guides who would like to meet, network and collaborate with other guides from other parts of the world
- Nature lovers who would like to create a sustainable business around forest and nature-based wellness.
- Individuals who would like to connect deeply with nature and themself and become more self aware
Shinrin Yoku Certification Training Program in Thailand has been on our founders’ mind for quite some time after their first visit to Khao Sok National Park. Located in southern Thailand, it is covered by the oldest evergreen rainforest in the world, huge limestone mountains shooting straight up in the air, deep valleys, breathtaking lakes, exciting caves, wild animals and much more.
Shinrin Yoku Certification Training Program Includes:
This is a 4-Day/3-Night training program in one of the most well preserved national parks, Khao Sok National Park, Thailand. The program fee includes 3-night accommodation, welcome dinner on the arrival day, 3 x breakfast with coffee or tea, 2 x lunch and 2 x dinner (all set menu and not including beverage), transportation from Surathani Airport or Train Station on the arrival day, Cheow Lan Lake trip with a nature trail hike, theory and practical training and certification upon successful completion of the hands-on training and assignments.
A maximum of 10 students per session is admitted.
Selected certified instructors will have an opportunity to be part of The Mindful Tourist and guide forest bathing groups in their own countries.
Day 1: Welcome to Khao Sok
- Arrival and check-in at Our Jungle House
- Welcome pack
- Assignment brief
Check in at 14:00 and get settled into your home away from home. The program starts with welcome dinner on your arrival day and meet-and-greet with instructors and participants. Information pack, welcome gift and Forest Bathing program brief and assignment will be announced to participants. The evening is at leisure and an early night in recommended to have an early start in the morning full of energy.
Day 2: Cheow Lan Lake and a Bamboo Raft House Stay – 2days/1night (overnight trip)
- Cheow Lan Lake biodiversity trip
- Jungle activity / Study trip
We vacate our base for a night to explore the lake by a local long tail boat, taking in the majestic scenery of stunning white limestone cliffs that were once deep sea coral beds and stay in a floating raft house.
You are in for the afternoon jungle activity which will be one of the following:
A) Cheow Lan Viewpoint: 2.5 – 3 hour round trip including a steep hike to a stunning vista
B) Bang Hoi waterfall nature trail: 1.5 – 2 hour round trip including a steep hike up a limestone waterfall (seasonal)
You may opt out of the jungle activity if a quiet afternoon is preferred. There will be time for swimming in the beautiful emerald green waters which are clean and warm year round.
Note: All timings include boat transfer time and the activity will be chosen by our instructors, in accordance with the season and the group’s level of fitness.
Day 3: Morning Safari, Training/Lecture and Going Back to Our Base Accommodation
- Morning safari / Wildlife encounter
- Lecture / Training
- Leisure time
- Return to Our Jungle House
Start the day with an early morning safari by boat with your guide. Keep an eye out for Langurs and Macaque monkeys. Morning times are very special at the lake with morning mist and gibbons call. Return to your raft house for a simple breakfast. The rest of the morning will be spent on lecture and training, swimming, relaxing and kayaking at the raft house before returning to our base accommodation at 15:00.
Spend the afternoon and evening at leisure to prepare for the final presentation. One-on-one time with the instructors can be scheduled.
Day 4: The Presentation Day
- Morning walk
- The presentation / discussion
- The Mindful Space assignments brief
Get up and go for a morning walk to explore the area surrounding the base accommodation. We will then come back to have breakfast together.
Participants are required to give a presentation on nature-based business ideas in their home country. Instructors will provide an access to The Mindful Space and brief students on assignments to be completed after departure.
– The training ends at 11:00. –
What Else You Should Know
The training includes some hike in the rainforest and a moderate level of fitness is required. Since some activities are outdoor, they are weather permitting and will be changed as required.
The groups are small, often an international mix of nature lovers, practitioners, and, at times, writers and bloggers. Photos will be taken during the program and used for our website. By signing up, you give us the permission to use the photos you appear on.
Local meals are served throughout the stay. If you have any diet restriction, please inform us upon signing up and we will try our best to accommodate, when possible.
We choose the accommodation based on availability. In case the selected accommodations become unavailable, we will arrange an alternative that provide similar amenities.
Cheowlan Lake, where we will spend our 2nd night, is a remote destination. Tucked away in nature, accommodation is very basic with mattresses on the floor of your private bamboo raft house, generator powers available only in the evenings, basic shared washroom facilities. Though the facilities are not to the same standard as our base accommodation in Khao Sok, the raft houses provide an incredibly memorable and authentic experience, deeply immersed in nature.
What We Will Provide
Our aim is to have our students experience forest bathing or Shinrin Yoku in some of Thailand’s restorative and beautiful rainforests and equip students with knowledge on the benefits of forest bathing. Learn how to level up as an instructor, design a result-oriented and lead a successful forest bathing program, and how to guide participants to lead healthier lives after a session.
Our certification program guides and gives students a hands-on practice on what you could include in your session to make forest bathers more relaxed, grounded and achieve the desired results, such as a better sleep, a calmer mind, a healthier lifestyle and even a happier relationship.
- An arrival transfer from Suratthani Airport to the accommodation on the arrival day. If you are arriving from other airports, additional fee may apply
- A two-night stay in Khao Sok National Park, Suratthani Province, Thailand, at designated guesthouse
- Welcome dinner on the arrival day at the place we stay or otherwise specified
- Daily set-menu breakfast (3 days)
- Forest Bathing in Khao Sok’s forest, learning the grounding techniques, meditation and the art of receiving
- Cheow Lan Lake biodiversity tour, including transportation to and from the base accommodation to the lake, one-night stay in a bamboo raf house, jungle activity and meals (2 x lunch, 1 x breakfast and 1 x dinner)
- Morning walk around the base accommodation
- Lecture and training on Shinrin Yoku
- A certification in English upon successful completion of the live in-forest training, attendance and assignment completion
- An internship opportunity at one of our guide training programs in Japan or Thailand
- Listing on The Mindful Tourist website showcasing your profile and a link to your business
Shinrin Yoku Certification Training Outline
Shinrin Yoku Guide Training Certification Program combines the in-nature 4-Day/3-Night hands-on training in Thailand and training modules with assignments and practical hours available on The Mindful Space, the member-only online learning space.
Online and offline training modules includes:
- History of Shinrin Yoku 森林浴
- Forest Bathing cultures in different countries
- Health benefits: How spending time in nature makes you happier and healthier
- Reflective practice
- The 5 senses of Forest Bathing
- Introduction to pranayama and mindful breathing techniques
- The art and the science of Forest Bathing
- Basic first aid training
- Forest guide/wellness practitioner ethics and code of conduct
- Business acumen: Turning your passion into a business
- Finding your own niche: Leveraging on your expertise
- Customer service
We try our best to secure a space at these accommodations below, however, this is subject to seasonal availability and demand. In case of changes, we will provide a similar accommodation, suitable for the program.
Base accommodation in Khao Sok: A private bungalow at Our Jungle House
Cheow Lan Lake: The Bamboo Raft House
Price: USD 1,990/person
Price does not include
- Airfare or any travel or medical insurance
- Transportation outside of what is specified above
- Meals or drinks outside of what is specified above
- Alcoholic beverage
Note on Food and Drink
The menus offered during the tour are carefully selected by The Mindful Tourist with the help of our local partners. We try our best accommodate dietary preferences and restriction. Participants may order outside of these menus at their own expense. Alcoholic beverage is not included.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read this blog post on “What is Forest Therapy and Can Anyone Offer a Forest Therapy Program?” and what The Mindful Tourist’s training programs cover.
Visit our FAQ page for more information on Shinrin Yoku Guide Training Certification Program.
The Definitive Guide to Shinrin Yoku Training
Get comprehensive information on how to become a certified guide and instructor, how to choose the right institution, the career path of certified Shinrin Yoku guide and instructor, the health benefits of Shinrin Yoku, how to practice Shinrin Yoku by yourself, how to design a Shinrin Yoku trips or retreats, how to create a business around the idea of Shinrin Yoku and more.