The Foundations of Happiness at Work
Learn why happiness at work matters and how to increase it within yourself, amongst colleagues, and across your organization. This course explains what happiness at work is, why it matters, and how to do it.
From better performance and innovation to higher productivity and career success; from retention of top talent to increased customer loyalty, the science of happiness at work highlights the key advantages linked to workplace happiness. Practically, the course zeroes in on actionable strategies for guarding against common workplace challenges, and for boosting happiness at work individually, in teams, and organization-wide.
Finally, the course teaches techniques for evaluating happiness at work, and discusses strategies from case studies about workplaces that have enjoyed the tangible benefits of making happiness a top priority.
Table of Content
HOW TO BE HAPPY WITH OTHERS AT WORK?
HOW TO CREATE A HAPPY WORKPLACE?
Main Learning Objectives
Students who complete this course will be able to:
- Define happiness at work and describe the key pillars of happiness at work.
- Understand the relationship between happiness at work, happiness in general, and metrics of business success.
- Practice research-tested techniques for fostering happiness at work personally, during interactions with colleagues, and within overall culture at work.
- Guard against barriers to happiness at work.
- Apply practical insights from positive, organizational, and social psychology to work, and assess the impact of science-backed activities, initiatives, and policy shifts on enhancing self-understanding, enjoyment, and overall success at work.