Forest Bathing & Nature Connectedness Retreat and Shinrin Yoku Certification Training Program by Pin Chinnapat
Shinrin Yoku, literally ‘Forest Bathing’, a practice that was developed in Japan in 80’s, becoming a cornerstone of preventive health care and healing in Japanese medicine. It is proven effective for reductions in stress, anger, anxiety, depression and sleeplessness. Forest Bathing is simply being in nature, connecting with it through our senses of sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch.
While we mainly organize certification programs in Thailand and Japan, The Mindful Tourist founders do travel to organize retreats and workshop, hold certification training courses and offer Forest Bathing experience around the world!
If you run a wellness retreat, fitness club or manage a spa resort and would like to offer a unique wellness experience to your guests or enhance the skills of your team , we can visit you as a Visiting Practitioner.
Equally, if you have a small group of people who would like to be certified as a Forest Bathing guide, but cannot travel to our training locations and would rather that we organize a certification training program in your home country, we do have a Visiting Practitioner program where we travel to you.
- 4-Day Shinrin Yoku Instructor Training Certification Program – This requires that all participants attend and complete the 15-week TMT Shinrin Yoku Forest Bathing Guide Certification Training – Level 1 prior to this 4-Day Instructor Level training.
- 2-4 Day Forest Bathing Retreat. View sample itinerary.
- Forest Bathing + Awareness Awakening Touch + Reiki 2-3 hours (hike included for applicable locations)
Remark: All training and treatments above are done in the outdoors. Even if your resort or retreat is not near to any forest, we could be creative and make sure your guests are connected to nature while receiving treatments. All Forest Bathing sessions could be done privately, as well as in a small group.
- Forest Bathing enthusiasts who would like to get certified
- Forest Bathing guides who would like an internship opportunities with The Mindful Tourist after being certified
- A wellness retreat, hotel/resort, fitness club that would like to offer a unique sense of relaxation to their guests through Forest Bathing and offer a variety of healing and alternative treatments to their guests
- A wellness retreat, hotel/resort, fitness club that would like have their staff members certified in Forest Bathing
- A spa or holistic wellness resort that would like to prescribe nature connectedness to their guests for better health and improved mood and focus
How it works – for wellness retreats and hotels
We offer you and your guests an experience of the traditional Japanese practice of Shinrin Yoku or “forest bathing” – an opportunity to connect mindfully with the senses and immerse in the healing power of nature. A recommended experience lasts for 1-2 hours. During this Forest Bathing session, a short Thai therapeutic massage or reiki is included for an enhanced relaxation, mental clarity and improved well-being.
Even if the venue is not near to any forest, any flat ground with grass or trees, in a quiet space, will offer an opportunity to connect with nature and oneself.
We normally recommend planning ahead. While all details should be finalized at least 3 months in advance, 6 – 12 months is ideal. We help your Sales and Marketing team with designing promotional materials to make the retreat or visit a success.
How it works – for Forest Bathing groups interested in being certified
We generally require a minimum of 6 students per class to travel to that location. The group organizer will receive a generous subsidy to his or her own training fee. We travel anywhere in the world.
Contact us for more information.
Discover the traditional Japanese practice of Shinrin Yoku or “Forest Bathing” – an opportunity to connect mindfully with the senses and immerse in the healing power of nature.
About Pin Chinnapat
Pin is from Bangkok, Thailand. She organizes a Shinrin Yoku forest bathing, meditation, digital detox, stress reduction, Reiki and holistic wellness experience in Japan and Thailand and travels to other countries to promote nature connectedness and mindfulness as a Visiting Practitioner, as well as to teach and run workshops on Forest Bathing and alternative holistic healing for stress relief, sleep enhancement and overall improvement of well-being. She has been in the holistic wellness in top luxury international hotels and resorts for over 7 years and is a certified Jikiden Reiki practitioner, a Thai massage and a foot reflexology therapist. She founded The Mindful Tourist in Kyoto, Japan, offering Forest Bathing trips and certification programs. Contact us for work collaborations or to bring her in to your hotel or retreat as a Visiting Practitioner.