For the upcoming session of Week 10, I would like to ask you to prepare the following:
Use your learning from Week 6-9 to make changes in the content of the Shinrin Yoku experience you will be providing.
Go over the checklists led out for you in the content section of Week 10.
In your notebook, list down the areas/items you still have to work on.
Set in motion an action plan.
How has the content of the session evolved compared with Week 5 (Your Shinrin Yoku Session I) or over the past 9 weeks: Your Shinrin Yoku Session I?
In this activity, I want to ask you to work on the EXPLORATION ELEMENT of the Shinrin Yoku experience you will be providing to the public.
Please deconstruct the following instructions into smaller steps by rewriting them a) touch your chest b) look at this tree
Note 1: Part of creating a meaningful experience for your client is:
– communicating clearly instructions;
– the smoothness of the session;
– the speed with which the session flows;
– the speed you talk with and walk with;
– how much you talk;
– how much freedom you client has during the experience.
Note 2: To deconstruct a) and b), think of:
– steps you have to take before the exploration element. Imagine that you are walking towards the main location of where the exploration will take place. You are there. And then you say: Touch your chest ( I am sorry this is so funny if I imagine this – haha!). Obviously you feel this is not the right way to give instructions).
– pay special attention to the language you use,
– think of what you should be saying first, next etc.
– thinks of ways to conclude the activity and transition smoothly out of it.
In Week 1-5, you were asked to design some activities for your clients.
Pick one activity
Try to improve it by using tips from Activity II.
You will present this activity to your partner next week to get some feedback.
Please send the following documents to The Mindful Tourist before Week 10.
Your Shinrin Yoku Guide Philosophy: what values you want to adhere to and what values you wish to promote and why they are important (500 words minimum).
Reflection Essay on your progress (between 250 and 500 words)
A protocol of your Shinrin Yoku session (focus on activities/invitations) a) WHAT is the activity; b) WHY in your eyes this activity will be advantageous to your client; c) HOW are you going to execute it, what steps it involves, describe it in detail. d) What potential risk hazards it entails and how to mitigate it.