For this week, please focus only on Assignment 12.
For this week, I would like to ask you to complete the following activities.
A. Perform a SWOT analysis for your project.
The aim of this exercise is to help you to think about and write down your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats for your future goal/project/career/business.
Please include a table showing your reflections of your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to becoming a Shinrin Yoku Guide/owning your business. You are then expected to discuss the main points of the table.
Once you have completed the SWOT analysis, you are likely to have a list of actions you could take. You can consider building on your strengths, strengthening your weaker areas, lessening any threats, and exploring every opportunity.
Here are some questions to guide you:
Strengths • What things do you do well?
•What good habits do you have that move you forward?
• What do others see as your strengths?
• What resources are there around you (or you already have) to help you with your project, e.g. knowledgeable people, a platform?
Weaknesses • What could you improve?
• What hinders you?
• What do others consider as a weakness?
• Are there any aspects for which you have fewer resources than others?
Opportunities • Is there a platform/people/company that can support in your goals?
• How could you turn your strengths into opportunities?
• Are there any opportunities around you of which you could take advantage?
Threats • What threats do your weaknesses expose you to?
• What is your competition?
• What is your competition doing?
• What threats could influence you moving forward?
B. Send a SWOT analysis table (pdf) by email to The Mindful Tourist. In the subject line write Week 12 – SWOT Analysis.
Come up with a VISION STATEMENT for your Shinrin Yoku experience/project/business. You can use the learning from previous sessions.
Come up with a MISSION STATEMENT for your Shinrin Yoku experience/project/business.
Please read the two articles about TMT’s Forest Bathing Around the world: here & here.
If you want to get exposure via The Mindful Tourist, please fill out this form.