For this week, I would like to ask you to go to a forest/park in the vicinity of your abode and experiment with your all 5 senses. This may also be an opportunity to practice mindfulness.
Have a notebook and something to write with, with you.
Take a moment to write any thoughts that stuck out to you.
You will share your experience in Week 7.
Enjoy your 5-senses mindful forest bathing =).
ACTIVITY II ( you can combine this activity with Activity I)
Find a safe space in forest/park/garden and make yourself comfortable. Explore your connection to nature and yourself through senses. During A-F notice your emotions and your thoughts. Take time to go through each step and feel free to explore and adapt them to what you need and how you feel right now. Be kind to yourself and notice what comes and goes. Write your observations and reflections.
– take a few minutes to look at yourself in a mirror, look at your face, etc.
– look at your feet and hands,
– look at your legs,
– move your body slightly and observe,
– move your attention from looking at yourself to what is outside of yourslef, etc.
– take a few minutes to touch some parts of your body,
– touch your hand, your finger,
– touch your face, your head, your hair, etc.
– take a few minutes to pay attention to smells around you
– concentrate one one particular smell, move to another, etc.
– without touching your chest, pay attention to the sound of your heartbeat,
– concentrate on one part of your body until you feel subtle movements like vibrations
– concentrate on your breath,
– now move your attention to the outside of yourself,
– pick a food you eat every day (bread/rice) or any food/fruit/veggie/ you like or tea
– look at its shape; feel its texture before taking a small bite of it
– once in your mouth, pay attention to how its texture changes and what flavours it releases.
F. Give yourself a big hug, thank yourself, and say My Life is Dear to Me, Life is Dear to All.
Write a minimum of 500-word reflective essay on a) ways to explore your senses and b) ways to facilitate senses exploration with your clients. Include in it your reflections on Activity I and II: what did these activities though you and how is it useful as a TMT Shinrin Yoku Guide?